From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Continued Xorg crashes
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:19:42
1 On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > This started as part of Michael's thread about Myth crashing.
3 > mythfrontend is segfaulting for me also, but my problem has spread to
4 > pretty much any application that tries to display video - mplayer,
5 > xine and Myth all crash with similar errors. Only xine doesn't crash X
6 > completely and leaves behind anything in terms of clues.
7
8 It looks like maybe a problem with xv overlays. You can try using a
9 different output driver than xv. Also, try adding AccelMethod to your
10 device section in xorg.conf if you don't have it:
11
12 Option "AccelMethod" "XAA"
13
14 If that doesn't help, maybe try EXA instead of XAA.
15
16 Also, if you're using anything like compiz of KDE4 desktop effects,
17 try turning it off.