From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo is the best linux distro
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 10:06:46
1 On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 05:43:09 -0400
2 Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > When I wanted to install Linux on my new netbook 2008,
5 > I quickly found that the simplest way to get everything to work
6 > was to install Gentoo, using my notes from previous desktop installs.
7 > In Gentoo, problems are almost always just 1 layer deep,
8 > tho' the Gentoo Forum also tends to be much more noise than signal.
9
10 That's why we have a gentoo-user mailing list instead ;-)
11
12 This mailing list is often noted out in the wild as a very high
13 signal-to-noise ratio list, in my experience that is definitely true.
14
15 The popular forum answer of "my granny's dog's owner once ran this
16 command and it seemed to fix her green screen so give it a try and see
17 if it repairs your password" just does not ever get proposed here :-)
22 Alan McKinnon
23 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com