From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnu Common Lisp / cl-ppcre and ... sbcl???
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 16:09:33
1 David Mattli <dmm@××××××.us> [15-06-19 16:59]:
2 > Meino.Cramer@×××.de writes:
3 >
4 > > David Mattli <dmm@××××××.us> [15-06-19 00:27]:
5 > >> Meino.Cramer@×××.de writes:
6 > >>
7 > >>
8 > >> > Now I scratching my head...why is sbcl needed, if gcl is already
9 > >> > installed?
10 > >> >
11 > >> > Is it possible to use gcl instead of sbcl nonetheless? How?
12 > >>
13 > >>
14 > >> It looks like cl-ppcre depends on virtual/commonlisp which is provided
15 > >> by one of these:
16 > >>
17 > >> RDEPEND="|| ( dev-lisp/sbcl
18 > >> dev-lisp/clisp
19 > >> dev-lisp/clozurecl
20 > >> dev-lisp/cmucl
21 > >> dev-lisp/ecls
22 > >> dev-lisp/openmcl )"
23 > >>
24 > >> No GCL on that list so its trying to pull in sbcl to provide it. I
25 > >> recommend using quicklisp instead. Check it out here:
26 > >> https://www.quicklisp.org/beta/
27 > >>
28 > >> -David Mattli
29 > >>
30 > >
31 > > Hi David,
32 > >
33 > > thanks for your help! :)
34 > >
35 > > Unfortunately gcl does not load quicklisp.
36 > >
37 > > Best regards,
38 > > Meino
39 >
40 > GCL doesn't seem well supported these days.
41 >
42 > SBCL should work without a floating-point unit. For example the sbcl
43 > download page lists both "armel" and "armhf" ports, specifying
44 > soft-float and hard-float respectively.
45 >
46 > Try grabbing the "armel" binaries from this page:
47 > http://sbcl.org/platform-table.html
48 >
49 > I'll look into arm support for the gentoo sbcl package.
50 >
51 > -David
54 Hi David,
55
56 thank you for your reply !:)
57
58 I downloaded the armel-version:
59
60 Arietta G25 A:SystemSoftware/sbcl-1.2.7-armel-linux>./run-sbcl.sh
61 (running SBCL from: .)
62 This is SBCL 1.2.7, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
63 More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.
64
65 SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
66 It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
67 BSD-style licenses. See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
68 distribution for more information.
69 [1] 1536 illegal hardware instruction ./run-sbcl.sh
70
71 ...no vfp,,,
72
73 <sigh>
74
75 It would be THAT nice to get sbcl running, since it is very activilky
76 supported and maintained and it is what I run on my Beaglebone Black
77 (another somehow "bigger" embedded system) and my PC.
78
79 Any Way out of this ?
80
81 Best regards,