From: David Mattli <dmm@××××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnu Common Lisp / cl-ppcre and ... sbcl???
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 13:14:54
1 Meino.Cramer@×××.de writes:
2
3 > David Mattli <dmm@××××××.us> [15-06-19 00:27]:
4 >> Meino.Cramer@×××.de writes:
7 >> > Now I scratching my head...why is sbcl needed, if gcl is already
8 >> > installed?
9 >> >
10 >> > Is it possible to use gcl instead of sbcl nonetheless? How?
13 >> It looks like cl-ppcre depends on virtual/commonlisp which is provided
14 >> by one of these:
15 >>
16 >> RDEPEND="|| ( dev-lisp/sbcl
17 >> dev-lisp/clisp
18 >> dev-lisp/clozurecl
19 >> dev-lisp/cmucl
20 >> dev-lisp/ecls
21 >> dev-lisp/openmcl )"
22 >>
23 >> No GCL on that list so its trying to pull in sbcl to provide it. I
24 >> recommend using quicklisp instead. Check it out here:
25 >> https://www.quicklisp.org/beta/
26 >>
27 >> -David Mattli
30 > Hi David,
31 >
32 > thanks for your help! :)
33 >
34 > Unfortunately gcl does not load quicklisp.
35 >
36 > Best regards,
37 > Meino
38
39 GCL doesn't seem well supported these days.
40
41 SBCL should work without a floating-point unit. For example the sbcl
42 download page lists both "armel" and "armhf" ports, specifying
43 soft-float and hard-float respectively.
44
45 Try grabbing the "armel" binaries from this page:
46 http://sbcl.org/platform-table.html
47
48 I'll look into arm support for the gentoo sbcl package.
49
50 -David