From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] battstat requires apmd? [solved]
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 23:28:11
1 On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 11:38 +0100, Holly Bostick wrote:
2 > Iain Buchanan schreef:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I've just rebuilt my system, and emerged gnome-light this time instead
6 > > of gnome.
7 > >
8 > > I noticed battstat isn't part of gnome-applets, but when I try and
9 > > emerge it, I get all these wierd deps.
10 > >
11 > > Is there another battstat that uses acpi?
12 >
13 > >From this output, it looks like the battstat applet you're trying to
14 > install is for GNOME 1.x, not GNOME 2.x, which is what you're most
15 > likely running.
16
17 that's what I suspected...
18
19 > And IIrc (I don't have a laptop, so I generally ignore the battery
20 > applet), the applet you're looking for is included with the
21 > gnome-applets package, and will use acpid support if that USE flag is
22 > enabled:
23
24 That was precisely it! I didn't have the acpi use flag, so the battery
25 applet wasn't included in gnome-applets...
26
27 I'm trying to keep things to a minimum, so I mostly have -xxx use flags
28 in make.conf, and specify required use flags in package.use. So far the
29 battery applet is the only one that had me going :)
30
31 thanks,
32 --
33 Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>
34
35 Oregano, n.:
36 The ancient Italian art of pizza folding.
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list