From: Sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nvidia and kernel support
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 03:01:45
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > On Thursday 15 June 2006 04:24, Sean wrote:
3 >> Trying to setup my system to support my nvidia vid card.
4 >>
5 >> Per instructions I am supposed to enable agpgart in the kernel, which is
6 >> under device drivers--->
7 >> character devices--->
8 >> --- /dev/agpgart (agp support)
9 >>
10 >> As you can see above my system does not allow anything to be done for
11 >> /dev/agpgart, it just has three lines before it.
12 >> How do I enable this in the kernel towards getting my nvidia card working?
13 >>
14 >> Please note: if it makes a difference I am running amd64.
17 > you don't set anything else on amd64.
18 >
19 > Just agp support.
20 >
21 > That is enough.
22 >
23 > Rebuild, configure X properly, emerge nvidia-kernel, eselect opengl set
24 > nvidia, start X.
25
26 Is this "Just agp support" something else other then what the handbook
27 instructions state about /dev/agpgart (agp support)?
28 As mentioned above that option is not available to me.
29
30 Thanks
31 Sean
32 --