From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nvidia and kernel support
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 02:52:20
1 On Thursday 15 June 2006 04:24, Sean wrote:
2 > Trying to setup my system to support my nvidia vid card.
3 >
4 > Per instructions I am supposed to enable agpgart in the kernel, which is
5 > under device drivers--->
6 > character devices--->
7 > --- /dev/agpgart (agp support)
8 >
9 > As you can see above my system does not allow anything to be done for
10 > /dev/agpgart, it just has three lines before it.
11 > How do I enable this in the kernel towards getting my nvidia card working?
12 >
13 > Please note: if it makes a difference I am running amd64.
16 you don't set anything else on amd64.
17
18 Just agp support.
19
20 That is enough.
21
22 Rebuild, configure X properly, emerge nvidia-kernel, eselect opengl set
23 nvidia, start X.
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list