From: Roman Dobosz <gryf73@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT rant] udev + /usr
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 17:05:47
1 On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 18:55:01 +0200
2 pk <peterk2@××××××××.se> wrote:
3
4 > Xmms, I believe it's called. And it's been working fine for quite a
5 > while (I've actually have never encountered a bug with Audacious), for
6 > me. Now, when I upgraded to 2.4.x dbus was forced on me (well, that and
7 > Xfce4)... I'm used to Audacious because I like the simple interface
8 > (non-gtk+). But if you have another player you would like to recommend
9 > I'll gladly try it. Requirements: no gconf/gnome/udev/udisk(etc.)
10 > dependency (only sane dependencies like libogg/flac etc., possibly gtk
11 > or qt for ui but nothing else), simple UI (like Audacious legacy mode),
12 > no singin' and dancing crap (simplicity over "features")...
13
14 For "just playing music" task I'm using moc[1] or deadbeef[2]. First
15 one is cute little player with ncurses interface, other is simple
16 foobar-like GTK player. Outside my headphones there can be heard
17 what mpd[3] is currently playing (on second sound card).
18
19 [1] http://moc.daper.net
20 [2] http://deadbeef.sourceforge.net
21 [3] http://mpd.wikia.com
24 -^- _ coś tam w tle sobie gra, np:
25 _ /O)_\// Suicide Commando
26 (_(|__(_(_) grf. - Stored Images (1995) - Actions Of The Mind