From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc-2.4-r2: Problems with UTF-8 locale
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 09:27:49
1 Graham Murray wrote:
2
3 > I had similar problems, but solved them. In glibc-2.4-r1 and
4 > earlier, because I did not set the userlocales USE flag it built all
5 > of the locales. In 2.4-r2 this use flag has been removed and it only
6 > builds a subset of locales - which did not include en_GB.UTF8 which I
7 > use. So I had to edit /etc/locale.gen to add my locale and then run
8 > locale-gen. After that all worked again.
9
10 Ah!
11
12 I did NOT have a good locale.gen, but a locales.build. This file was
13 used when the "userlocales" flag was set.
14
15 Thanks!
16
17 Alexander Skwar
18 --
19 BOFH Excuse #288:
20
21 Hard drive sleeping. Let it wake up on it's own...
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list