From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc-2.4-r2: Problems with UTF-8 locale
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 09:16:40
1 Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> writes:
2
3 > Yesterday I updated from glibc-2.4-r1 to glibc-2.4-r2. Since then,
4 > I've got problems with my UTF-8 locale. I suppose, that is because
5 > the UTF-8 denomination seems to have changed from .UTF-8 to .utf8:
6
7 I had similar problems, but solved them. In glibc-2.4-r1 and
8 earlier, because I did not set the userlocales USE flag it built all
9 of the locales. In 2.4-r2 this use flag has been removed and it only
10 builds a subset of locales - which did not include en_GB.UTF8 which I
11 use. So I had to edit /etc/locale.gen to add my locale and then run
12 locale-gen. After that all worked again.
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list