From: Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] splash boot messages
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 20:49:58
1 Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I updated splashutils and noticed the changed init scripts (from splash to
5 > fbcondecor) at etc-update. Anyway, when I boot I get warnings
6 > about "/etc/init.d/splash missing! skipping . . ." fbcondecor kicks in fine
7 > and I get all the prescribed eye candy.
8 >
9 > What is trying to pull in the /etc/init.d/splash script? Do I need perhaps to
10 > recreate my initrd (haven't done this for years it seems).
13 You just need to remove it - "rc-update del splash". That's all. ;)
16 Be lucky,
17
18 Neil
22 This message has been scanned for viruses and
23 dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
24 believed to be clean.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list