From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] splash boot messages
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 21:26:08
1 On Tuesday 16 October 2007, Neil Walker wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > I updated splashutils and noticed the changed init scripts (from splash
6 > > to fbcondecor) at etc-update. Anyway, when I boot I get warnings
7 > > about "/etc/init.d/splash missing! skipping . . ." fbcondecor kicks in
8 > > fine and I get all the prescribed eye candy.
9 > >
10 > > What is trying to pull in the /etc/init.d/splash script? Do I need
11 > > perhaps to recreate my initrd (haven't done this for years it seems).
12 >
13 > You just need to remove it - "rc-update del splash". That's all. ;)
14
15 Doh!
16
17 # rc-update -s -v
18 * Broken runlevel entry: /etc/runlevels/boot/splash
19
20 I was *absolutely* convinced that I had removed it . . .
21
22 Thanks. :)
23 --
24 Regards,