From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] some keyboard lag
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 19:28:41
1 On 06/08/2015 11:56 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > I browsed their udev rules and found some rules pointing in that
3 > direction but none specifically matching the PCI ID of my keyboard and
4 > the wildcards ... I am not sure.
5 >
6 > But they seem to do it specifically, yes ->
7 >
8 > # cat /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/autosuspend
9 > 2
10 >
11 > # my keyboard
12 > # cat /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1.6/power/control
13 > on
14 >
15 > I assume it won't hurt much if I disable USB autosuspend in general for
16 > now? Power savings should be minimal, right? (desktop here, AC etc)
19 I doubt it'll hurt anything. The power savings bit are more or less all
20 left to userspace now, and you can toggle something in /sys more than
21 likely to disable it on the keyboard (as was mentioned already.) It's
22 probably best to write a udev rule specifically for your keyboard (and
23 mouse, while you're at it) if you want to go that route.
24
25 Dan