From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] some keyboard lag
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 18:56:51
1 Am 2015-06-08 um 20:25 schrieb J. Roeleveld:
2
3 > There was a similar thread here before about USB and suspend. Check
4 > that for specifics if in a hurry. Not at computer now to find the
5 > earlier email.
6
7 didn't find it yet .. but no hurry at all.
8
9 > Apart from kernel level USB suspend. There are settings in /sys/....
10 > where you can disable USB suspend on a per-device level.
11
12 .. as mentioned in:
13
14 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/USB_Power_Saving
15
16 ?
17
18 > I would assume Fedora disables that for keyboards and mice (think
20 > such.
21
22 I browsed their udev rules and found some rules pointing in that
23 direction but none specifically matching the PCI ID of my keyboard and
24 the wildcards ... I am not sure.
25
26 But they seem to do it specifically, yes ->
27
28 # cat /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/autosuspend
29 2
30
31 # my keyboard
32 # cat /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1.6/power/control
33 on
34
35 I assume it won't hurt much if I disable USB autosuspend in general for
36 now? Power savings should be minimal, right? (desktop here, AC etc)