From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: migrating Seamonkey to another computer
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 05:04:11
1 James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm moving my primary workstation from one system to another.
5 > I use seamonkey for web browsing and reading email.
8 > Everything is fine, except the Mail folders can boxes do not
9 > show up. Recrusively everything looks to be fine, but the mail
10 > folders do not load up when the email application in Seamonkey.
11 >
12 > The only file I see that I did not copy over is the
13 >
14 > ~/.mozilla/default/XUL.mfasl
15 >
16 > Should that file be moved over too?
19 > Any ideas?
22 > James
26 Did you change the permissions for the folder? If the owner or maybe
27 even the group has been changed, Seamonkey can't access the folder.
28 Also keep in mind that if you were root when you copied the directory
29 over that it may have changed the owner/group to root. That depends on
30 the command used.
31
32 I ran into this once. You just need to use the chown and chgrp commands
33 to change it. If this is what is wrong, don't forget to make it recursive.
34
35 Hope this helps.
36
37 Dale