From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My Continuing ALSA Woes
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:36:33
2 > > I suggest you have probably not re-compiled your kernel properly from the
3 > > output you gave. Have you enabled all the other kernel features that
4 > > snd-hda-intel requires?
5 >
6 > What other kernel features does it require? In menuconfig I checked
7 > everything in the sound category that wasn't marked as experimental...
8
9 I don't know, I do not have one of those cards and the driver was new to
10 the kernel in 2.6.12 IIRC. However you were getting symbol errors so
11 either you left something out, or the kernel needs to be compiled
12 cleanly. I suspect the latter.
13
14 Back up .config, make mrproper, restore .config, make menuconfig and
15 exit, choosing yes to save kernel config.
16
17 then make the kernel in the usual manner.
23 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list