From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My Continuing ALSA Woes
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 03:25:00
1 On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 10:29 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
2 > > >
3 > > > I suggest you have probably not re-compiled your kernel properly from the
4 > > > output you gave. Have you enabled all the other kernel features that
5 > > > snd-hda-intel requires?
6 > >
7 > > What other kernel features does it require? In menuconfig I checked
8 > > everything in the sound category that wasn't marked as experimental...
9 >
10 > I don't know, I do not have one of those cards and the driver was new to
11 > the kernel in 2.6.12 IIRC. However you were getting symbol errors so
12 > either you left something out, or the kernel needs to be compiled
13 > cleanly. I suspect the latter.
14 >
15 > Back up .config, make mrproper, restore .config, make menuconfig and
16 > exit, choosing yes to save kernel config.
17 >
18 > then make the kernel in the usual manner.
23 > --
24 > Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
25
26 Can this be done with genkernel? I've always used genkernel in the
27 past. All attempts at building and installing kernels manually have
28 failed. I've spent most of the afternoon and evening today trying to
29 build the 2.6.13-gentoo-r3 kernel manually. I've followed the kernel
30 section in the handbook and I'm pretty sure I've got it set up correctly
31 in grub, but I always get a kernel panic when I try to use it. I think
32 it's because there is not initial root disk file. I'd rather use
33 genkernel if I can...
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list