From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: blockage
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 21:54:29
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Sadly, you don't know. There is no clue in any of the output you
3 > posted that this is required, so your only solution is to ask the
4 > collective memory of the community. Lucky for you and others, Jonathan
5 > was aware of the problem and was kind enough to post the solution.
6 > This is one of the things that is starting to real get on my damn tits
7 > about portage, for about 2 years now. It's not an easy problem to
8 > solve, and to be honest, portage is not helping at all. You have two
9 > options in running it: don't use -v and get very little info, or use
10 > -v and get a terminal dump of the entire graph tree with lots of stuff
11 > and zero real information about how to solve it. Look at my thread
12 > with Dale just the other day, I managed to help him with the correct
13 > answer because I had a magic brainwave to search for the "<"
14 > character. Seriously, what kind of process would ever use that as a
15 > problem solving approach? In your case, the solution is in the ebuild
16 > for acpupsd and it's specific DEPENDs. Now, I'm generally OK with
17 > looking in ebuilds for real answers and have gotten used to it, but
18 > ffs I should not have to do that. Well-written software should provide
19 > that information in it's output, and it shouldn't be hard to get the
20 > software to do it. Ok, rant over.
23 +1 and you dang skippy, pat on the back etc etc etc.
24
25 Dale
26