From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: extract an image from a .doc file?
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:10:27
1 On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 05:06:35PM +0200, Penguin Lover Arttu V. squawked:
2 > On 12/14/09, Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > > It is a 2meg file, but unfortunately, as Mick appears to have
4 > > predicted, it is called simply "Object 1" with no file extension.
5 > >
6 > > Running `file` on it shows it to be a "Microsoft Office Document", but
7 > > it's apparently not the kind you can open in Word.
8 > >
9 > > I suspect this is going to prove a dead loss. Thanks for your help,
10 > > though.
11 >
12 > Throwing a wild guess here. Could it be a MODI object?
13 >
14 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MODI
15 >
16 > Then you have entered captive markets, might be hard to do much
17 > without software from MS.
18
19 Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the original object a image of a
20 signature? If they used MODI (whose point I thought was so that you
21 have OCR on the scanned document) for an illegible scrawl, I think
22 this should be nominated for the DailyWTF....
23
24 Cheers,
25
26 W
27 --
28 A cliche is a cliche is a cliche is a cliche is a cliche is a cliche.
29 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1102 days, 14:07