From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: extract an image from a .doc file?
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 18:15:08
1 Willie Wong wrote:
2 >
3 > Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the original object a image of a
4 > signature? If they used MODI (whose point I thought was so that you
5 > have OCR on the scanned document) for an illegible scrawl, I think
6 > this should be nominated for the DailyWTF....
7 >
8 > Cheers,
9 >
10 > W
13 I'm somewhat clueless about this software issue but wonder about this
14 way of seeing things. Since it appears there is a signature, as in what
15 is at the bottom of a letter or a bank check, wouldn't they want to make
16 it so that is not able to be extracted at all? If I had a digital
17 signature, I wouldn't want to put it somewhere that it could be used by
18 someone that I wouldn't want it to be used by.
19
20 I'm not saying you would do this, because I don't think you would, but
21 if you could grab that image, then someone who did have bad intentions
22 could do the same thing. This would not be good. My reason for
23 mentioning this, it may be done in such a way that is intended to
24 prevent you from doing what you want to do. Therefore, it may not be
25 "doable" by design.
26
27 Just a thought.
28