From: Chris Cox <yeahsowhat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get ALSA OSS Emulation to work
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:55:17
1 On 8/16/05, Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales
2 <raphael.melo21@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > I feel really stupid. It wasn't the permission, but to get both quake
4 > and enemy territory to play , they have to be given direct access to
5 > the sound hardware. To do that, you must go to
6 > /proc/asound/cardX/pcm0p/ and add the following line to the oss file
7 > in this directory. Something like this:
8 > echo "q3demo.x86 0 0 direct" >> /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/oss
9 >
10 > I was putting just q3demo, which is actually just a script to call the
11 > game, not the program that would use the sound. And that's why it
12 > didn't work. Thanks for the help. I'll try to have more attention to
13 > this type of details in the future.
14 >
15 > Thanks again Nick and Mark ;)
18 Shouldn't the ebuild when it installs make those changes automaticly?
19 When I tried out q3demo last year the sound worked fine same with
20 Enemy Territory.
21
22 Chris
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list