From: Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales <raphael.melo21@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get ALSA OSS Emulation to work
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 01:21:38
1 I feel really stupid. It wasn't the permission, but to get both quake
2 and enemy territory to play , they have to be given direct access to
3 the sound hardware. To do that, you must go to
4 /proc/asound/cardX/pcm0p/ and add the following line to the oss file
5 in this directory. Something like this:
6 echo "q3demo.x86 0 0 direct" >> /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/oss
7
8 I was putting just q3demo, which is actually just a script to call the
9 game, not the program that would use the sound. And that's why it
10 didn't work. Thanks for the help. I'll try to have more attention to
11 this type of details in the future.
12
13 Thanks again Nick and Mark ;)
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list