From: gentoo_steve@×××××××.uk
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rate limiting TCP connections...
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 02:16:00
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > That reminds me of the time I carefully backup up everything from
3 > partition A to partition B, and verified it, before reformatting
4 > partition B instead of A.
5 >
6 You've quite a way to go to get my experience. In my 10GB was about
7 50mb of only-copy ASCII - the air turned blue for miles around... I was
8 not a happy bunny. ;)
9 > Something is seriously wrong with your GRUB setup if it takes a day to
10 > select the previous kernel :(
11 >
12 Nope... it's all pretty vanilla... I expect it to take a few minutes -
13 but I'm not attempting it unless I've got a day to fix it if I make an
14 error... that way I won't do something daft because I'm interrupted and
15 trying to field a dozen things at once. I'm a strong believer in
16 Murphy's law.