From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rate limiting TCP connections...
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 07:20:55
1 On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 03:15:53 +0100, gentoo_steve@×××××××.uk wrote:
2
3 > > Something is seriously wrong with your GRUB setup if it takes a day to
4 > > select the previous kernel :(
5 > >
6 > Nope... it's all pretty vanilla... I expect it to take a few minutes -
7 > but I'm not attempting it unless I've got a day to fix it if I make an
8 > error... that way I won't do something daft because I'm interrupted and
9 > trying to field a dozen things at once. I'm a strong believer in
10 > Murphy's law.
11
12 You're still missing the point that a new kernel is installed alongside
13 the pevious one, not on top of it. If it doesn't work, you reboot and
14 select the old one from the GRUB menu, you don't have to fix anything.
15
16 My desktop still boots to 2.6.25 despite having 2.6.26, because I haven't
17 had time to get VMware working with the new one.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Q. How do you identify a blind man in a nudist colony?
24 A. It's not hard.