From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: beegfs goes opensource!
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 17:39:43
1 On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 10:47:12 -0500
2 Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On 2/25/2016 5:03 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Long awaited.
6 > >
7 > > This smoking hot (many HPC scientist agree) distributed file
8 > > system will surely rock the cluster, container and Hi Performance
9 > > Computing worlds. [1] Now if I were only smart enough to get this
10 > > puppy into portage.......
11 >
12 > Ummmm... nothing about what license it is released under, and they
13 > want personal info from you to download the source...
14 >
15 > I'm not sure this is anything to jump up and down about yet...
16 >
17 > Is this going to be another ZFS problem, where it is open source, but
18 > linux can't make the best use of it?
19
20 I dunno anything about it, but this comment says it's only source
21 available, not open source.
22 <http://insidehpc.com/2016/02/beegfs-parallel-file-system-now-open-source/#comment-113400>