From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] beegfs goes opensource!
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 15:47:25
1 On 2/25/2016 5:03 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Long awaited.
3 >
4 > This smoking hot (many HPC scientist agree) distributed file
5 > system will surely rock the cluster, container and Hi Performance
6 > Computing worlds. [1] Now if I were only smart enough to get this
7 > puppy into portage.......
8
9 Ummmm... nothing about what license it is released under, and they want
10 personal info from you to download the source...
11
12 I'm not sure this is anything to jump up and down about yet...
13
14 Is this going to be another ZFS problem, where it is open source, but
15 linux can't make the best use of it?