From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -avC cdrkit && emerge -av cdrtools
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 18:59:07
1 On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 14:14:17 +0200, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2
3 > I find it a bit sad that cdrkit is the preferred cd burning application
4 > because it satisfies the cdrtools virtual first. This means when you
5 > have neither cdrkit nor cdrtools installed cdrkit is preferred. However
6 > i could not find out why. There is nothing in the profiles which defines
7 > how cdrkit is favored. Maybe someone can point me to the right location.
8
9 It is defined in the virtuals file in your profile.
10
11 > I think cdrtools should be preferred and not the fork cdrkit!
12
13 It depends on the profile, some default to cdrkit, some to cdrtools:
14
15 grep virtual/cdrtools /usr/portage/profiles/**/virtuals
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 We are Pentium of Borg. You will be approximated. Resistance may or may
22 not be futile, except on every other Tuesday when it is a definite maybe.