From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -avC cdrkit && emerge -av cdrtools
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 12:13:56
1 KH schrieb:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > after reading some emails from the list I have been trying to unmerge
5 > cdrkit and to emerge cdrtools. I aslo hat to unmerge dvd+rw-tools and
6 > kino. Anyway I am still not able to emerge cdrtools.
7 >
8 > !!! Cannot write to '/usr/include/scsilib/scg'.
9 > !!! Please check permissions and directories for broken symlinks.
10 > !!! You may start the merge process again by using ebuild:
11 > !!! ebuild /usr/portage/app-cdr/cdrtools/cdrtools-2.01.01_alpha34.ebuild
12 > merge
13 > !!! And finish by running this: env-update
16 > than there is a very long list I can post if needed.
17 >
18 > ls -lah /usr/include/scsilib/scg
19 > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 25 Jun 25 12:48 /usr/include/scsilib/scg ->
20 > /usr/include/scsilib/usal
21 >
22 > on my xterm there is red highlighting under the output.
23 >
24 > What can I do to install cdrtools correctly to a working standard?
27 > Will I be able to emerge kino again, without cdrkit?
28 >
29 > Thanks for any help
30 >
31 > kh
32
33 So you successfully unmerged cdrkit, dvd+rw-tools and kino. The
34 installation of cdrtools fails because of a broken symlink. I guess the
35 /usr/include/scsilib/scg symlink to usr/include/scsilib/usal has not
36 been removed with cdrkit and is now broken and the cdrtools installation
37 can not overwrite the link. If the output is really red it is indeed a
38 broken symlink and you can safely remove it, then try to install
39 cdrtools again or use the proposed commands.
40
41 It should be no problem to install kino again as cdrkit provides the
42 same functionality like cdrtools, besides the different amount of
43 development that happens on both projects. But i think there was no need
44 to remove kino at all when switching to cdrtools, because it has no
45 dependency on both apps.
46
47 I find it a bit sad that cdrkit is the preferred cd burning application
48 because it satisfies the cdrtools virtual first. This means when you
49 have neither cdrkit nor cdrtools installed cdrkit is preferred. However
50 i could not find out why. There is nothing in the profiles which defines
51 how cdrkit is favored. Maybe someone can point me to the right location.
52
53 I think cdrtools should be preferred and not the fork cdrkit!
54
55 My make profile points to
56 /media/system/repositories/portage/profiles/default/linux/x86/2008.0.
57
58 Regards,
59
60 Daniel