From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -avC cdrkit && emerge -av cdrtools
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 13:47:40
1 Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > So you successfully unmerged cdrkit, dvd+rw-tools and kino. The
4 > installation of cdrtools fails because of a broken symlink. I guess the
5 > /usr/include/scsilib/scg symlink to usr/include/scsilib/usal has not
6 > been removed with cdrkit and is now broken and the cdrtools installation
7 > can not overwrite the link. If the output is really red it is indeed a
8 > broken symlink and you can safely remove it, then try to install
9 > cdrtools again or use the proposed commands.
10
11 Mmmm, cdrtools may create a directory /usr/include/scg/ but the text /scsilib/
12 is nowhere in cdrtools.
13
14 > It should be no problem to install kino again as cdrkit provides the
15 > same functionality like cdrtools, besides the different amount of
16
17 There is no active development in cdrkit, so cdrkit does not provide new
18 features. If cdrkit did not change libscg in a way that prevents some usage,
19 you could treat cdrkit like a 3 year old version of cdrtools.
20
21 > development that happens on both projects. But i think there was no need
22 > to remove kino at all when switching to cdrtools, because it has no
23 > dependency on both apps.
24
25 This is correct.
26
27 I don't know kino but from looking at freshmeat, it seems that kino has no
28 relation to cdrtools. Or does kino call "mkisofs"?
32 Jörg
35 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
36 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)
37 schilling@××××××××××××××××.de (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/