From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo 2006.1 profile and use flag changes
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 11:17:49
1 On Sunday 03 September 2006 12:33, b.n. wrote:
2
3 > By the way, I have a doubt. The 2006.1 profile migration must be done:
4 > a) before GCC/glibc upgrade
5 > b) after GCC/glibc upgrade
6 > c) whatever, it doesn't matter
7
8 I would say best you follow (a). There are clearly different default USE
9 flags which impact 'emerge -epv world', although I can't recall much of a
10 difference in the output of 'emerge -epv system'.
11
12 While on this topic, I am half way through remerging world and many GUI
13 aspects (e.g. font and font size, KDE widgets, Kmail, etc.) have been borked
14 badly on Fluxbox and KDE on my laptop. :-(
15
16 I hope that such problems will be gone by the time the whole of world is
17 remerged. I am thinking to just emerge -epv system only and *not* world on
18 another box of mine. Would that be OK? What do I need to revedep-rebuild
19 afterward? The gcc guide mentions revdep-rebuild --library libstdc++.so.5,
20 is that still the case for gcc-4.1, or should I also/instead revdep
21 libstdc++.so.6?
22 --
23 Regards,
24 Mick