From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo 2006.1 profile and use flag changes
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 10:41:36
1 Richard Fish wrote:
2
3 > Could you file bugs on each of these with your errors? Also, it is
4 > probably useful to try building the ~arch version of each package. It
5 > seems that some of the gcc-4.1 fixes are still in ~arch versions.
6
7 Ah, the mystery of why are things marked stable...
8 If fixes for 4.1.1 are in ~arch, why is 4.1.1 in arch?
9
10 Sigh. Anyway it'll be a month at least before I have time to upgrade
11 gcc. I still have to switch to modular X. I hope worst glitches will be
12 ironed out in the meantime.
13
14 By the way, I have a doubt. The 2006.1 profile migration must be done:
15 a) before GCC/glibc upgrade
16 b) after GCC/glibc upgrade
17 c) whatever, it doesn't matter
20 thanks!