From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Is that possible or nonsense (3D-Printing via WiFi) ?
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2018 06:35:28
1 Hi,
2
3 my 3D-orinter is in another room and I want to check its progress
4 more often than to go to the next room to check it... :)
5
6 My Rasperberry Pi Zero W is technically able to connect to the printer
7 via USB and it is possible to connect via WiFi to the Rasperberry in
8 the "next room" from "this room".
9
10 This way I am able to flash the firmware of the printer.
11
12 There is OctoPrint to do the kind of stuff I want...but
13 it is (for me) to feature rich and I think my Rasperberry
14 is a little bit weak CPU-wise.
15
16 Is it possible to "forward" the USB-port on my Rasperberry via Wifi
17 so I can do all software related stuff on my PC ?
18
19 Cheers!
20 Meino