From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Is that possible or nonsense (3D-Printing via WiFi) ?
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2018 10:06:15
1 On Sunday, 2 September 2018 07:35:07 BST tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > my 3D-orinter is in another room and I want to check its progress
5 > more often than to go to the next room to check it... :)
6 >
7 > My Rasperberry Pi Zero W is technically able to connect to the printer
8 > via USB and it is possible to connect via WiFi to the Rasperberry in
9 > the "next room" from "this room".
10 >
11 > This way I am able to flash the firmware of the printer.
12 >
13 > There is OctoPrint to do the kind of stuff I want...but
14 > it is (for me) to feature rich and I think my Rasperberry
15 > is a little bit weak CPU-wise.
16 >
17 > Is it possible to "forward" the USB-port on my Rasperberry via Wifi
18 > so I can do all software related stuff on my PC ?
19 >
20 > Cheers!
21 > Meino
22
23 You probably want to take a look at enabling:
24
25 CONFIG_USBIP_CORE
26
27 Then have a look at your:
28
29 /usr/src/linux/Documentation/usb/usbip_protocol.txt
32 Regards,
33 Mick