From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Is that possible or nonsense (3D-Printing via WiFi) ?
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2018 10:17:47
1 On 09/02 11:05, Mick wrote:
2 > On Sunday, 2 September 2018 07:35:07 BST tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > my 3D-orinter is in another room and I want to check its progress
6 > > more often than to go to the next room to check it... :)
7 > >
8 > > My Rasperberry Pi Zero W is technically able to connect to the printer
9 > > via USB and it is possible to connect via WiFi to the Rasperberry in
10 > > the "next room" from "this room".
11 > >
12 > > This way I am able to flash the firmware of the printer.
13 > >
14 > > There is OctoPrint to do the kind of stuff I want...but
15 > > it is (for me) to feature rich and I think my Rasperberry
16 > > is a little bit weak CPU-wise.
17 > >
18 > > Is it possible to "forward" the USB-port on my Rasperberry via Wifi
19 > > so I can do all software related stuff on my PC ?
20 > >
21 > > Cheers!
22 > > Meino
23 >
24 > You probably want to take a look at enabling:
25 >
26 > CONFIG_USBIP_CORE
27 >
28 > Then have a look at your:
29 >
30 > /usr/src/linux/Documentation/usb/usbip_protocol.txt
31 >
32 > --
33 > Regards,
34 > Mick
35
36 Hi Mick,
37
38 thanks a lot for your info ... looks promising! :)
39
40 I will check that!
41
42 Have a nice weekend!