From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Is that possible or nonsense (3D-Printing via WiFi) ?
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2018 04:50:20
1 On September 2, 2018 10:17:26 AM UTC, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 >On 09/02 11:05, Mick wrote:
3 >> On Sunday, 2 September 2018 07:35:07 BST tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
4 >> > Hi,
5 >> >
6 >> > my 3D-orinter is in another room and I want to check its progress
7 >> > more often than to go to the next room to check it... :)
8 >> >
9 >> > My Rasperberry Pi Zero W is technically able to connect to the
10 >printer
11 >> > via USB and it is possible to connect via WiFi to the Rasperberry
12 >in
13 >> > the "next room" from "this room".
14 >> >
15 >> > This way I am able to flash the firmware of the printer.
16 >> >
17 >> > There is OctoPrint to do the kind of stuff I want...but
18 >> > it is (for me) to feature rich and I think my Rasperberry
19 >> > is a little bit weak CPU-wise.
20 >> >
21 >> > Is it possible to "forward" the USB-port on my Rasperberry via Wifi
22 >> > so I can do all software related stuff on my PC ?
23 >> >
24 >> > Cheers!
25 >> > Meino
26 >>
27 >> You probably want to take a look at enabling:
28 >>
29 >> CONFIG_USBIP_CORE
30 >>
31 >> Then have a look at your:
32 >>
33 >> /usr/src/linux/Documentation/usb/usbip_protocol.txt
34 >>
35 >> --
36 >> Regards,
37 >> Mick
38 >
39 >Hi Mick,
40 >
41 >thanks a lot for your info ... looks promising! :)
42 >
43 >I will check that!
44 >
45 >Have a nice weekend!
46 >Cheers!
47 >Meino
48
49 If the printer requires a near constant stream of data over the USB port, you might want to look into a physical cable instead of wifi for the communication.
52 Joost
53 --
54 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.