From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Googleearth: Filesize does not match recorded size
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:04:50
1 On Tuesday 19 December 2006 14:10, Dale wrote:
2
3 > It seems to be thinking it is getting a bad download. Is this a bug
4 > or is it just me? It does the same thing each time, downloads it
5 > then pukes it out. Since I am on this slow dial-up and it takes
6 > about 2 hours for this download, I would rather it either like it or
7 > stop trying. :-/ I do have it installed though and it is pretty
8 > cool. ;-)
9 >
10 > If it is a bug, I'll file it. I just want to make sure it is not
11 > just me.
12 >
13 > Dale
14
15 I also get this every now and then, often with proprietary packages. If
16 google were to patch and recompile without changing version numbers.
17 then this would happen as the binary size and MD5 no longer match. Or,
18 it could be wrong data in portage. Try resync and try again. If that
19 doesn't work, you could always check that the download is correct by
20 comparing with google's published md5 and "fixing" your local portage
21 tree:
22
23 ebuild /path/to/googleearth/ebuild digest
24 ebuild /path/to/googleearth/ebuild manifest
25
26 alan
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list