From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] http-replicator permissions
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 00:25:24
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 17:16:58 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >>> Even $PKGDIR? That's not a good idea unless you have identical
6 >>> hardware and USE flags.
7 >>>
8 >
9 >> I didn't save those back then. I very rarely use the -K option
10 >> anyway. I build them now but I only used it once in the past couple
11 >> years. It's like having backups, you hope you never need them but
12 >> knowing you have it sure does make one feel better. ;-)
13 >>
14 > Knowing I have them but they've been overwritten by packages for
15 > different hardware wouldn't make me feel that much better :(
19 I'm not being clear enough again. Back then, I didn't save the binaries
20 so that wouldn't be a problem. I'm not even sure portage kept them back
21 then to be honest. They may have but that was a looong time ago. Now,
22 I save them but I use rsync for the tree and http-rep* for the
23 distfiles. So, each rig has its own set of binaries and that solves
24 that problem.
25
26 Make sense? I hope my new meds get settled in soon. lol
27
28 Dale
29