From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: i965 (Valley View) video acceleration
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 14:48:41
1 Daniel Frey <djqfrey <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > > I can't seem to get video acceleration working on my Gigabyte Brix
5 > > Could anyone throw me some suggestions?
6
7 > Apparently Intel made a lot of enhancements to the intel in-kernel
8 > driver with the 3.14 series.
9
10 If/When all else fails, I find the exact version of the chip(s) in
11 the video hardware. I then go read the comments on the various related video
12 device drivers in the kernel codes, as the best place to see exactly what is
13 going on with a given chipset. The past few years have seen many of the
14 video codes merged into larger collections in a single, unified driver, so
15 you may have to go back to kernels that correspond to when the linux driver
16 code first (or soon after) appeared for that chipset......
17
18 It's a massive pain the in the wazoo, but, you'd be surprised at what details
19 often appear in the (legacy) kernel dirver code comments......
22 good hunting!
23 James