From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] i965 (Valley View) video acceleration
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 04:44:15
1 On 09/07/2014 09:25 PM, Grant wrote:
2 > I can't seem to get video acceleration working on my Gigabyte Brix
3 > 2807 device which lspci identifies as Valley View. 1080p playback is
4 > still stuttery. I've tried every trick I know and Googled a lot.
5 > Could anyone throw me some suggestions?
8 What kernel are you running? I had this problem initially with my NUC -
9 I updated to gentoo-sources:3.14.14, enabled the vaapi thread globally,
10 rebuilt, and forced mplayer2 to use opengl (-vo gl).
11
12 After that, I am even able to play 1080p with no glitches.
13
14 Apparently Intel made a lot of enhancements to the intel in-kernel
15 driver with the 3.14 series.
16
17 Dan