From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] i965 (Valley View) video acceleration
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 16:07:18
1 >> I can't seem to get video acceleration working on my Gigabyte Brix
2 >> 2807 device which lspci identifies as Valley View. 1080p playback is
3 >> still stuttery. I've tried every trick I know and Googled a lot.
4 >> Could anyone throw me some suggestions?
7 > What kernel are you running? I had this problem initially with my NUC -
8 > I updated to gentoo-sources:3.14.14, enabled the vaapi thread globally,
9 > rebuilt, and forced mplayer2 to use opengl (-vo gl).
10 >
11 > After that, I am even able to play 1080p with no glitches.
12 >
13 > Apparently Intel made a lot of enhancements to the intel in-kernel
14 > driver with the 3.14 series.
17 Acceleration is now working in xbmc but still not in vlc or mplayer.
18 I'm recompiling some things and I'll report back.
19
20 - Grant