From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] i965 (Valley View) video acceleration
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 22:02:46
1 >>> I can't seem to get video acceleration working on my Gigabyte Brix
2 >>> 2807 device which lspci identifies as Valley View. 1080p playback is
3 >>> still stuttery. I've tried every trick I know and Googled a lot.
4 >>> Could anyone throw me some suggestions?
5 >>>
6 >>
7 >> What kernel are you running? I had this problem initially with my NUC -
8 >> I updated to gentoo-sources:3.14.14, enabled the vaapi thread globally,
9 >> rebuilt, and forced mplayer2 to use opengl (-vo gl).
10 >>
11 >> After that, I am even able to play 1080p with no glitches.
12 >>
13 >> Apparently Intel made a lot of enhancements to the intel in-kernel
14 >> driver with the 3.14 series.
17 > Acceleration is now working in xbmc but still not in vlc or mplayer.
18 > I'm recompiling some things and I'll report back.
21 No luck. Weird. It's working in xbmc so I can't be far off. What
22 could I be missing?
23
24 - Grant