From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] e17 overlay bug
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 08:54:32
1 On Tuesday 04 November 2008 10:38:48 Hazen Valliant-Saunders wrote:
2 > Good Day;
3 >
4 > I've found that the recent EINA library release for e17 has broken just
5 > about everything.
6 >
7 > Gentoo's overlay system should be simple enough to modify however after
8 > reading the fine manual I am no closer to understanding the appropriate
9 > course of action to create eina as a dependency in the overlay (I've bugged
10 > vapier@g.o to no avail)
11
12 Mike is usually pretty quick with these things. This time he's taking his
13 time, which means:
14
15 he's busy, or
16 it's tricky, or
17 both, or
18 he's fed up with it (this is unlikely)
19
20 So, you now get to do it yourself. Copy Mike's overlay files to your personal
21 overlay area, open the relevant ebuilds for low-level libs, and add eina to
22 the DEPEND clauses. Rebuild. Make sure your overlay takes precedence over all
23 others.
24
25 > is there a manuel outlineing the overlay for e17? (it's rather large and
26 > convoluted).
27
28 Nope, the manual is the code. It's largely self-documenting and the only
29 tricky bit is the enlightenment eclass, which covers svn, snapshots and
30 releases for both cvs and svn. The ebuilds themselves are simplicity in the
31 extreme where you just specify the svn module and the eclass does all the
32 heavy lifting.
36 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com