From: Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound in KDE-4
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 06:04:48
1 On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Peter Humphrey
2 <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > On Tuesday 12 January 2010 14:50:40 bn wrote:
4 >
5 >> Seeing you're using (like me) an Intel HDA... have you selected the
6 >> correct *codec* in your kernel? I had trouble with my sound card until I
7 >> figured that out.
8 >
9 > Ah, now that is a revelation. I discovered, to my astonishment, that I have
10 > a Via codec. In an Intel chip-set? Weird. Never mind.
11 >
12 > So I enabled the Via codec in the kernel config and rebooted, but it made no
13 > difference. So I took the blunderbuss approach and enabled all the available
14 > codecs. Still no improvement.
15 >
16 > Back to square one. I still have no idea what's wrong with my sound system.
17 >
18 > Thanks for suggestions so far...
19 >
20 > --
21 > Rgds
22 > Peter.
27 did you compile your sound drivers into the kernel, or as a module. i
28 had a similar issue before on my thinkpad t61. i compiled all the
29 intel-hd related sound drivers into the kernel, but the sound system
30 does not work. but after i compile them as modules, the sound works
31 very well.
35 Best Regards,
36 David Shen
37