From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound in KDE-4
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 00:46:35
1 On Tuesday 12 January 2010 14:50:40 bn wrote:
2
3 > Seeing you're using (like me) an Intel HDA... have you selected the
4 > correct *codec* in your kernel? I had trouble with my sound card until I
5 > figured that out.
6
7 Ah, now that is a revelation. I discovered, to my astonishment, that I have
8 a Via codec. In an Intel chip-set? Weird. Never mind.
9
10 So I enabled the Via codec in the kernel config and rebooted, but it made no
11 difference. So I took the blunderbuss approach and enabled all the available
12 codecs. Still no improvement.
13
14 Back to square one. I still have no idea what's wrong with my sound system.
15
16 Thanks for suggestions so far...
19 Rgds
20 Peter.