From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: akonadi ... don't you just love it?
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 00:39:05
1 On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 6:21 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > It appears the recent mysql update broke quite a few things, my MythTV
3 > fronted started sulking while the backend just sucked up all the CPU
4 > cycles. Something else broke too, but I can't remember more than two
5 > things these days. @preserved-rebuild showed nothing but revdep-rebuild
6 > cleaned things up. It appears that revdep-rebuild is not ready for
7 > retirement yet, although this is the first time in ages that I've needed
8 > it.
9
10 I had a similar experience on two Gentoo boxes, including MythTV. I
11 don't think it was myth itself but rather something in-between. I did
12 catch a missing slot operator dep on mythplugins and will be fixing
13 that in the next bump, which I should be doing soon anyway if I get a
14 weekend without a car wreck.
15
16 Rich