From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Decoding / encoding mp3 files
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 03:59:40
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > On Saturday 02 September 2006 01:14, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:
3 >> Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
4 >>> I hear the fine high pitch sound of TVs and I hear the fine high noise of
5 >>> marten repellants. So yes, I have the ears of a dog.
6 >> You are not alone boy! I used to get to my girlfriend's house, and although
7 >> the TV was many rooms away I usually said "hey, you're watching tv. I got
8 >> beer!" :)
9 >
10 > I have to admit, it got 'better' in the last couple of years - but as child, I
11 > could not sleep when my parents watched TV. Not because of the program - I
12 > did not hear the voices or music, but that sound.
13 >
14 > Thanks to the fact, that TV manufacturers like to buy the cheapest parts they
15 > can get, all TVs make that noise, and I had lots and lots of sleepless
16 > nights.
17 >
18 > Today it is just good enough for 'somebody is watching tv' when I visit my
19 > family.
20
21 Tends to go away as you get older and start experiencing high frequency
22 hearing loss. The loss tends to be more extreme if you're male.
23 Concerts, firearms, motor sports, and continuous droning like A/C
24 systems without earplugs will hasten your loss as well. Being in my
25 thirties and having abused my ears with all the above at points I hardly
26 ever hear the "TV noise" these days.
27
28 kashani
29 --