From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: -march=auto
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 19:30:34
1 I just wrote:
2
3 > > Could also perhaps try -march=auto if you're using a version of GCC
4 > > that supports it.
5
6 Oh, it's -march=native.
7
8 > BTW, is there a possibility to let gcc tell what flags it will actually
9 > use with -march=auto?
10
11 Paul Hartman just posted a link to a script that seems to do what I was
12 looking for in the "[OT]eee 900a intel atom is what processor family?"
13 thread: <http://www.pixelbeat.org/scripts/gcccpuopt>
14
15 But it suggests using -march=k8 - isn't that a 64-bit-only thing? I'm not
16 compiling for AMD64, I'm still using 32-bit mode. So I have -march=athlon-xp
17 in my CFLAGS for my AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 4850e CPU.
18
19 Wonko