From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to dump kde gracefully in favor of lxde
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 21:58:10
1 I've had so much trouble installing gentoo into a vbox vm and then
2 setting up X that I got really sick of it and found a premade vm
3 (vmware) and installed... unfortunately I really do not like kde
4 plazma or really just about anything about kde. Plus the version is
5 old enough that its giving plenty of problems with updating... finding
6 piles and piles of masked pkgs .. masked by EAPI.
7
8 I tried just updateing portage to get started but even there its a
9 herd of headaches.
10
11 I don't like kde and really don't want to go thru a bunch of humping
12 and bumping with it in the middle of things.
13
14 Any advice about slick ways of getting fully updated but dumping kde
15 on the way.