From: 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Updated ebuild; bypassing manifest check
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 03:12:22
1 Following the instructions here, I tried to create an updated ebuild for
2 mozilla-thunderbird-bin. The newest version is 2.0.0.14; current ebuild
3 is 2.0.0.12.
4
5 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Create_an_Updated_Ebuild
6
7 Everything worked fine until I tried to update the hashes in the manifest,
8
9 ebuild
10 /usr/local/portage/mail-client/mozilla-thunderbird-bin/mozilla-thunderbird-bin-2.0.0.14.ebuild
11 digest
12
13 and it failed, being unable to download the '.14 file from Gentoo.something.
14
15 Well, this is to be expected, as Gentoo.something doesn't have the '.14
16 file yet; and the ebuild downloads the source code from the author's
17 site, not from gentoo.something.
18
19 So I ended up running the emerge 3 times, manually tweaking the
20 Manifest's hashes with the newer hashes, 'til everything matched, and
21 tbird 2.0.0.14 emerged normally.
22
23 So the question becomes, is there a way to bypass the manifest check? Or
24 alternatively, build the manifest with the correct hashes based upon the
25 source code's author's code.
26
27 TIA
31 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list