From: Antoine <melser.anton@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT?]And they say Gentoo-ers have no sense of humour...!
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:56:54
1 >>Just followed a link (from the Beagle site) back to packages.gentoo.org,
2 >>where I was supposedly going to see what versions of app-misc/beagle (as
3 >>opposed to sci-libs/beagle) are available in Portage.
4 >>
5 >>None are (which was what I had thought), but the 'search failed' page
6 >>was a bit unusual:
7 >>
8 >>Sorry, dude. I could not find that package.
9 >>
10 >>Information on the package you requested could not be found. Be sure to
11 >>check the packages.gentoo.org main page
12 >>
13 >>"Sorry, dude"? Dude???!!!
17 > as long as there is no 'sex identifier' sent by the browser, you have to live
18 > with that - but I bet, as soon as it is possible to seperate men and women by
19 > their browser string, you will greetet with a 'Sorry, duderina' ;)
20 > Or is it dudette?
21
22 I don't know how this compares but in (the north of) NZ "bro" is good
23 for both sexes now (at least for the <30s). I guess "dude" has some male
24 connotations for me but pretty slight really... I guess the RFLS will
25 still have a go because something starts is lexical life with a gender
26 specific meaning but there we go!
27 I think it's sweet as bro.
28 Cheers
29 Antoine